Process manufacturing refers to the manufacturing of goods that require recipes or formulas of various ingredients. It is the direct opposite of discrete manufacturing which involves assembling various parts and fitting these together. The finished product in process manufacturing cannot be taken apart in order to get the original raw materials used in the manufacturing process. There are various products that fit under process manufacturing. These include food and beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, sealants and chemicals amongst many others. One of the best ways of managing the batch process manufacturing involved here is by investing in good process manufacturing solutions that will streamline the manufacturing process.
Food and Beverage ERP Software
Food and beverage software should have certain key elements in order to ensure its efficient functionality including quality, traceability as well as regulatory compliance of the ERP solution. These can be used in a wide array of manufacturing applications including the manufacturing of bulk foodstuffs and even short cycle fresh produce manufacturing or processing. There are many benefits that companies can derive by investing in process manufacturing solutions. These include the following:
- There is reduced material consumption hence less waste during the manufacturing process.
- Faster throughput during the manufacturing process ensures extended shelf-life of the manufactured products
- There is accurate data collection in the shop-floors
- With superior customer service that comes with the deployment of the chemical inventory software, companies will grapple with fewer errors and penalties.
- The deployment of ERP solutions for process manufacturing ensures the traceability of the ingredients used in the manufacturing process from the origin of the ingredients all the way to the eventual customer using the finished products
- Companies deploying process manufacturing solutions are able to get better visibility of the operational performance of the processes.
Companies need to purchase ERP solutions that are specifically built for process manufacturing applications. There are certain manufacturing concerns that make use of discrete manufacturing software in order to manufacture foods and beverages, but this may not give you the desired efficiencies during the manufacturing process.
The food and beverage industry is one which experiences changing compliance and regulatory requirements. The best process manufacturing solutions will give manufacturers the best food and beverage ERP solutions that will enable them to implement industry best practices and meet the regulatory requirements for the industry. Robust ERP software tools for process manufacturing applications can control all aspects of inventory management including quality control, lot traceability, shelf life date tracking and expiration tracking amongst others.
Other capabilities built into the ERP solutions include materials planning for the manufacturing process, production scheduling, batch weight processing amongst others. The best tools in the market are also integrated with both RF and barcode warehouse management capabilities. This ensures streamlined warehouse operations and the accurate reporting of lost data. Other attributes and advantages that you could get with these inventory management tools include GHS compliance support, quality management, consignment costing as well as streamlined production.
There is also a business side to these ERP tools as they can support businesses with CRM, financial management, order management and business intelligence. For more information, just visit us at http://www.processproerp.com/